The Queen will turn 86 years of age this Saturday April 21st. She usually spends her birthday privately, however the occasion is publicly marked by gun salutes in central London in Hyde Park, at the Windsor Great Park, and at the Tower of London. She will celebrate her official birthday on a Saturday in June. Some interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth include…
* The Queen was born at 2:40a.m. on April 21, 1926 in Mayfair, London.
* She was the first child of The Duke and Duchess of York, who later became King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
* Princess Elizabeth was educated at home with her younger sister, Princess Margaret.
* Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip first met when they attended the wedding of Prince Philip's cousin, Princess Marina of Greece to The Duke of Kent, who was an uncle of Princess Elizabeth, in 1934.
* The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were married in Westminster Abbey on November 20th, 1947 at 11:30am with 2000 invited guests.