This year is the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, which is the international celebration throughout 2012, marking the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's reign on the thrones of seven countries which began on the death of her father, King George VI on February 6, 1952.
Other interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth include….
- The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh have four children: Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, Princess Anne, The Princess Royal, Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, and Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex.
- The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh have eight grandchildren - Peter Phillips, Zara Phillips, Prince William, Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Lady Louise Windsor, and James Viscount Severns. She has one great-grandchild Savannah.
- The Queen is the only person in Britain who can drive without a license or a registration number on her car. And, she doesn't have a passport.
- The Queen introduced a new breed of dog known as the "dorgi", when one of the corgis mated with a dachshund.
- The Queen has nine Royal thrones - One at the House of Lords, two at Westminster Abbey, and six in the throne room at Buckingham Palace.
|Queen Elizabeth II today|
|The Queen arriving at the Royal Norfolk Show in 1981|