Ever wonder how long man (or woman of course!) has been drinking wine?
Here are a few interesting facts about wine:
* The earliest known wine production dates back to 8,000 years ago in the country of Georgia, 7,000 years ago in Iran, and 6,100 years ago in Armenia.
* Wine is made from one or more varieties of the European species Vitis vinefer, such as Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot.
* A ”vintage wine” is one that was made from grapes that were grown during a particular year.
* Wine tasting, is the sensory examination and evaluation of wine, including 5 basic steps: color, swirl, smell, taste, and savor.
* Wine tables provide functional working space, can provide bottle storage, and are prevalent in home design today.
Here are a few of our favorite tables to inspire you, not only to drink good wine, but to drink it upon something so beautiful.